Account Supervisor, Healthcare/Life Sciences
The ideal candidate will support healthcare and life sciences clients, including daily media outreach, content strategy and writing, influencer relations and strategic coordination with Greenough’s integrated marketing team. Greenough’s clients run the healthcare gamut, from health systems and health plans to diagnostics and medical device companies.
The candidate must be comfortable pitching a variety of media and have a strong track record for success. Excellent writing and client relations experience are also prerequisites. The account supervisor will also direct and mentor account executives in Greenough’s supportive and entrepreneurial culture where employees are encouraged to rapidly advance as brand storytellers.
- Seven to ten years of agency experience (or the equivalent inside a healthcare or life science organization)
- Prior experience working with healthcare/life sciences clients (or relevant experience “inside”)
- B.A./B.S. or higher
- Develop and execute metrics-driven media and content strategies
- Manage and mentor account executives
- Actively engage with client’s PR and marketing teams and subject matter experts
- Actively pitch media (industry, national business, broadcast, local)
- Write and edit compelling content: press releases, bylines, fact sheets, blogs, social posts
- Actively engage with client’s customers and key opinion leaders as well as other healthcare and life sciences influencers
- Monitor metrics to inform strategy and program ROI
- Support new business activity as required
Required Skills & Attributes
- Media relations - direct experience working with healthcare and life science trades and mainstream consumer media preferred
- Team management and mentoring
- Writing and copy editing
- Ease with complex concepts/technologies (genomics, precision medicine, diagnostics, clinical challenges, etc.)
- Team player focused on alignment of team and individual goals
- Well organized and comfortable working with agency systems
- Compassionate and supportive
We're always on the lookout for great talent in the areas of strategy, media, marketing and content. If you excel at helping companies and institutions tell their stories creatively to achieve specific business objectives, are an effective writer and verbal communicator, know how to conduct research and are skilled in social media, we want to hear your story.
Submit your resume and a creative cover letter that will show us why you'd be a great addition to the Greenough team!