Account Executive, B2B
Greenough is looking for talented account executives to join our exciting, fast-paced work environment. The ideal candidate will support B2B clients in technology, professional services and other industries, and will work closely with the entire account team to support and produce strong results.
Responsibilities include: daily media monitoring and pitching, creation of editorial calendars, speaking calendars, awards calendars and strategic media lists, press releases, media advisories, contributed articles, social media content and blog posts, and measurement reports.
The candidate must be able to manage and execute projects efficiently and on deadline and handle multiple responsibilities for clients across varied industries. Strong writing and communication skills are prerequisites.
- 1-3 years of agency experience (or the equivalent inside B2B-focused company)
- B.A./B.S. or higher
- Identify client-relevant media coverage, including competitor news and newsworthy industry information
- Research and develop comprehensive media lists and seek out relevant opportunities for client placement
- Draft strong pitches, conduct media outreach and secure strong results
- Draft press releases, briefing documents for media interviews, article abstracts, contributed articles, blog posts, social media posts and press kit materials
- Create monthly and/or annual editorial calendars, speaking/conference calendars and awards calendars
- Draft and manage submission of client award submissions and speaking abstracts
- Prepare weekly/biweekly comprehensive status reports for clients
- Conduct client results tracking, measurement and reporting
- Provide research and assistance for new business activity
- Manage and mentor interns
- Provide support for team members on all client activity
Required Skills & Attributes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of media relations and understanding of pitching process
- Strong writing skills and ability to think creatively
- Proofreading skills and keen attention to grammatical and numerical details
- Well-organized and able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong understanding of complex concepts/technologies
- Team player focused on alignment of team and individual goals
- Professional, fun and outgoing demeanor
Submit your resume and a creative cover letter that will show us why you'd be a great addition to the Greenough team!