Senior Account Executive
Greenough seeks a talented senior account executive to join our team of brand journalists and storytellers. The ideal candidate will support healthcare, technology, nonprofit and professional services clients and be eager to learn and master the agency’s unique brand journalism approach.
Responsibilities include: daily media monitoring and media pitching; creation of editorial calendars, speaking calendars, awards calendars and strategic media lists; composition of press releases, media advisories, contributed articles, social media content, blog posts and speaking and awards submissions; and account measurement and reporting. The candidate must be able to manage and execute projects efficiently and on deadline and handle multiple responsibilities for clients across different industries. Strong writing and communication skills are prerequisites.
- 2-4 years of agency experience (equivalent in-house experience considered)
- Prior experience in healthcare, technology, professional services or nonprofits
- B.A./B.S. or higher
- Identify client-relevant media coverage, including competitor news and newsworthy industry information
- Research and develop comprehensive media lists and uncover relevant opportunities for client story placement
- Draft strong pitches, conduct media outreach and secure strong results
- Draft press releases, briefing documents for media interviews, article abstracts, contributed articles, blog posts, social media posts and press kit materials
- Create monthly and/or annual editorial calendars, speaking/conference calendars and awards calendars
- Draft and manage submission of client award submissions and speaking abstracts
- Prepare weekly/biweekly comprehensive status reports for clients
- Conduct client results tracking, measurement and reporting
- Provide research and assistance for new business activity
- Manage and mentor interns and AEs
- Support team members on all client activity
Required Skills & Attributes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of media relations and understanding of pitching process
- Strong writing skills and ability to think creatively
- Proofreading skills and keen attention to grammatical and numerical details
- Well-organized and able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong understanding of complex concepts/technologies
- Team player focused on alignment of team and individual goals
- Professional, fun and outgoing demeanor
10 Reasons to Join Us
It seems every time you open a newspaper, web page or magazine there’s a “top 10” list. In that spirit I’d like to share with you 10 great reasons to become part of the Greenough team:
- You’ll work with other smart, highly skilled colleagues with diverse experience who enjoy sharing their knowledge.
- We run a meritocracy. If you do really well, your contributions will be rewarded.
- Our clients are really good people. You’ll enjoy working with them and helping them succeed.
- We know you have a life outside our office and we’re flexible in accommodating your personal commitments.
- You’ll work with people who like to laugh. A lot.
- We’re collaborative in spirit and in practice.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work out twice a week with a certified fitness trainer on the company’s dime.
- We’ll never ask you to do something we wouldn’t do ourselves.
- You’ll be challenged to do your best work and to grow professionally.
- We’ll treat you well and fairly. Always.
If that sounds like the type of environment where you would thrive and make meaningful contributions to our and our clients’ businesses, we’d love to hear from you.